My Big Writing Mistake (and why I should do it again)
My husband and I recently co-wrote an article for a trade magazine. When I happened to look at the text weeks after we turned in the article, I noticed that one of the subheds read, “Insert snappy subhed here.” And we had turned it in that way! When the article came out, however, the editor had indeed inserted her own snappy subhed. Hmm…could this be a way to get editors to do some of your work? “Insert catchy title here.” “Insert compelling quote here.” “Insert supporting paragraph here.” [lf]
If you liked that post, you might also like:
- You Ask, We Answer: Can I quote from books?
- Are You Missing Out on These 3 Ways to Write the Perfect Article Ending?
- How Fried Eggs Can Help You Write Better Articles, Case Studies, Blog Posts and More
- The Two Letters That Will Help You Write Faster
- Wake Up Call for Freelance Writers: Yes, You Will Get Revisions
Feb 28, 2008 Personal yammerings