What Should I Charge for Write Your Way Out of the Rat Race…And Step Into a Career You Love?
I SO appreciate the many comments I got on the three potential cover designs for Write Your Way Out of the Rat Race…And Step Into a Career You Love. I?ll be posting the final design when it?s ready.
And if I can impose on you a little more today, I have a very important question to ask you.
I?m trying to decide on a price for Write Your Way Out of the Rat Race, and thought that instead of taking a wild guess, I would ask what you think.
I?m torn between charging low — like under $10 — and charging a more premium price like $29. Here are my thoughts.
The higher price:
- The book will include exclusive bonus downloads from Copyblogger, Jon Morrow at Boost Blog Traffic, Bamidele Onibalusi at Writers in Charge, and many more thought leaders.
- Write Your Way Out of the Rat Race has the potential to help readers break free of the 9-5 and make a full-time living as a writer — that?s a lot of value!
- I?m expecting the Kindle version of the book to be 200+ pages packed with information, with links to many additional resources — some free (like e-books and blog posts) and some paid (like books).
- My target audience is writers with 9-5 jobs, so I?m assuming they can afford the higher price for the value they?re getting.
The lower price:
- At $10 or under, I?ll be helping more people.
- Truthfully, I know that at prices over $10, you get a lot of pushback from potential readers.
- At under $10, I can sell in volume instead of selling a more expensive product to fewer people.
- If you charge more than $9.99, Amazon takes a way bigger commission.
- If I charge less, I can get more readers and hopefully those many readers will be interested in taking one of my e-courses.
So…what do you think? I?d love to hear your thoughts on the pricing. What would you be willing to pay, and why? Please post your thoughts in the COmments below.
Thanks so much for all your help with this book. I?m so excited about this project I can?t even say!
Aug 29, 2013 Help us!